Wednesday 11 November 2015

So, here it is... My first ever blog post!

I have been toying with the idea of starting a blog for some time now and decided to take the plunge and just do it. Considering I spend a vast amount of my spare time reading such a huge variety of other people's blogs, I thought that there must be at least a 1% probability chance that someone out there might read mine!

How do you even know what to label a blog as?

Beauty? Well, I do love make up and spend quite a chunk of my wages each month on products.. but I don't think that it makes me any better at putting make up on!

Travel? I love a good old holiday as much as the next person, but unfortunately I was not blessed by being born into a millionaire household, I do have a full time jobs and limited funds, so I cant really call myself a seasoned traveller, when I only jaunt off twice (three if I'm on a roll) times a year.. once if city breaks within the U.K. don't count lolz.

Food? Supernoodles are the peak of my culinary ability.

Lifestyle? I'm probably not as interesting as I like to think that I am. My ''exciting'' weekend activities at the moment consist of binge watching Sons of Anarchy on Netflix and Domino's - ordered at 12:01 on a Sunday via the app and greeting the delivery boy in my pj's with serious bedhair. Obvs

So my blog will probably be a mixture of them all. Hopefully someone (anyone?!) will like it and continue reading. Or if not, hopefully the infamous internet trolls are not too harsh.

I'm not looking to become internet famous or make millions from my posts. I'm not looking to quit my full time job to focus on writing completely - I love the hustle and bustle of working in London and to be honest, I think that I would get such bad cabin fever if I was stuck in my house 24/7 (and probably end up a recluse who played the Sims for 48 hour stints, pausing only to make myself spaghetti hoops on toast).

I'm writing this blog, simply because I like writing. I like talking and I like trying out new things. At least 75% of the things I buy every month after discovered by reading blogs. Whether it's new beauty products or clothes I've seen on bloggers wish lists and must haves. Recently a lot of my purchases have been homeware, not that I am, or am any where near being, a home owner. But seriously, you can never have enough pillows, candles and copper accessories in one bedroom can you?

I thought I would start my first blog post with a list. Who doesn't like a good list? I could easily spend a fortune on quirky stationery (Paperchase & Ohh Deer - I love thee).

5 Reason's I will be the worst blogger ever (Probably)

1. I've never eaten a macaron/macaroon.

I'm so basic that I don't even know how they are spelt, sob. Most blogs I have visited all contain a post about a cute afternoon tea (something I have never done either, ha FAIL) with beautifully snapped pictures of these multi-coloured biscuits. I have only ever seen them in real life once. And that was on a sweet stall in a market in Amsterdam. It didn't even cross my mind to try them though, as they were sat next to a row of toffee apples. No contest.

2. I don't like eggs.

Well, that's a slight fib. I've just broken my 15 year (fuck, that makes me sound and feel ancient. I'm only 23 I promise) egg-free dry spell and started eating scrambled egg. Only with smoked salmon - because I'm a fancy bish - or with copious amounts of brown sauce on top. NEVER on toast though, soggy bread makes me heave.
But I hate, with a passion, most other types of egg. Which automatically loses me blogger points as at any one time when you are browsing blogs there is a 99% chance you will see a dippy egg and soldiers. And instagram is just basically pictures of poached egg and avocado on toast. Bleurgh

3. I'm not a huge selfie fan.

Don't get me wrong, I take a selfie whenever I'm made up and ready to go out. But I definitely don't upload them all. So for me, it would be quite a big thing to take pictures and pictures of myself for my blog. The thought of vlogging scares the shit out of me lol. Nothing makes me cringe more than watching a video back of myself - errrr.. why does your voice suddenly mimic Roz's from Monsters Inc. when its recorded? Or, worse still, do I actually sound like that full time???!

4. I only have an iPhone and a standard computer.

I don't know anything about camera's. I think the last camera I used was a little cheeky silver sony digital bad boy with probably a 20 mega-pixel zoom. Bosh.
I also don't own a Mac - desktop or laptop. I do want to invest in one though in the near (if I can afford it, if not - distant) future.
Also, I don't think I can live much longer without a Go-Pro in my life. But every time I go to add one to my basket, Little Miss Practicality pops out to rain on my parade. 'What are you going to film Millie? The view out the window on your lengthy train commute to London?' Sarcastic bitch.

5. I work full time. 

If anything is going to affect my blogging, it will be this point. Obviously I don't finish work and then go home to live in a cave with no access to social media. But it also means I am limited to what I can do in the days to write about.
As much as I would love to, I don't have the opportunity to go to a boozy mid-week brunch. Or to be outside taking outfit of the day pictures. Cheeky picture outside London Liverpool Street station in my black dress and black tights - FASHION ICON IN THE MAKING, ME.
I will still post as much as I can, I always see bloggers talk about scheduled posts for when they are on holidays. That's something I could do, once I figure out how ha.

So there you have it, my first post. Please be nice if you take the time to read this and if you are feeling extra nice, leave me a comment. I'm not going to sign off with any questions for a little while as I will just feel like a lonely pleb who's talking to themselves if no-one replies. Ha!

Millie x







No comments:

Post a Comment