Wednesday 25 November 2015

This time in a month

It will be Christmas Day!!

I think that this means it is now acceptable to start playing Christmas music, drink gallons of mulled wine and of course binge watch the best Christmas movies. The Grinch, Elf and Home Alone being the top three obvs.



But of course, there is also that little bugger 'The Christmas Shopping' trauma that creeps up on you all of a sudden and cloaks you in panic when you realise you haven't started or even know where to start. Oh, how I love this annual repeat. No matter how much I tell myself that I will start early, I never do.

So, my little darlings, I thought I would help you with a little list that might help give you some ideas and a small nudge up the derrier!

Sister


Nando's trio
  1. Pyjamas .. and not just ANY pyjamas. BARBIE PYJAMAS. These little babies are amazing, I'm almost tempted to purchase them for myself. ASOS is currently smashing the pyjama selection (more examples here)and come on, what girl doesn't want to snuggle on the sofa with a Christmas dinner food baby in ya belly? 
  2. Adidas Original Superstars are the shoe to have at the moment. All you need to do is open instagram and you will see all sorts of these shoes gracing the feet of celebs. These ones have a floral trim, which I think will go down perfectly with my teenage sister!
  3. Soap and Glory ... what girl doesn't own at least one of this range. A gift sets or stocking fillers, soapy bathy smelly stuff always goes down a treat!! And boots currently have their 3 for 2 Christmas deal on. Winning. 
  4. Grown up colouring in is actually all the rage at the moment. They are even sold as 'stress release'.. No more persuasion needed! Amazon have such a good selection at the moment, with everything from animals and jungles to Alice in Wonderland and Harry Potter. What are you waiting for?? Get your crayons out!! 
Mum





  1. Jimmy Choo Flash or any other perfume, but I know from past experiences that this always goes down well. Think pink pepper, tangerine and strawberry with white flowery tones. Amazing. And on allbeauty.com it's much cheaper than you would pay in boots!
  2. Afternoon Tea .. haha I know I know. BUT I couldn't help notice when I went just how many mother/daughter couples there were!! Something like this would be a nice thing that you both could do together and also something to look forward to once the January blues kick in!! 
  3. River I, like I'm sure most of you, was completed addicted to my television for each of the 6 episode. Stellan SkarsgĂ„rd is amazing in it, as it T.V's girl of the moment Nicola Walker. If your mum has already seen this, there are lots of other brilliant TV drama titles to pick from; Unforgotten, Dr Foster and The Missing are just a few.
  4. Adele She's back. No explanation needed. I'm sure '25' will be gracing a LOT of Christmas lists this year, age and gender regardless!
  5. Chanel Lipstick This is one of my mum's favourite lipstick brands. It goes on effortlessly smooth, and doesn't feel to thick on your lips. And for £26, it's a little bit of Chanel that most of us can afford. 
Girlfriend






  1. Mac - Velvet Teddy .. Everyone's favourite nude. (Soz Kimmy K). This little baby, paired with the Spice liner is the genius combo behind Kylie Jenners famous pout. 
  2. Ted Baker bracelet .. in rose gold, because rose gold is everything. Duh. With just enough sparkly to make it a statement but not too much it turns into tacky dimant-esque market shizzle this is the perfect piece of jewellery to be hidden under the tree. (Unless my boyfriend is reading this, in which case 3 years calls for some Tiffany I think)
  3. River island coat I don't want this, I genuinely need this. I LOVE the colour mix of this coat, it's so perfect for the transition from autumn to winter. If I could add one teeny tiny thing to it, it would be a hood. Why is it so hard to locate a fur coat with an actual hood?!
  4. Laura Mercier Contour Palette in my personal opinion, the best palette on the market at the moment. It is a cream, rather than a powder which I personally prefer as I find it stay in place longer and you can add in layers without the risk of that 'muddy' effect. Trust me boys, get this for your honey and you'll earn serious brownie points. 
  5. YSL - Black Opium This is the nicest, sexiest, most amazing perfume in the whole wide world. I would literally bath in this stuff, (but as a little bottle is quite pricey I don't think I will ever be able to afford to.. sob). 
Brother


  1. Fall Out 4 Released juuuuust in time for Christmas.. Ironically. I don't really know much about playstation/xbox games (PC sims till I die) but from when I've heard, this is the big sell out game of the year. So if your brother (or any other game lover!) has resisted to urge of pre-order then I would definitely recommend. 
  2. Beer hat because come on, who didn't dream of having one when they were a kid - with obvs two cans of Dr Pepper either side??
  3. Lounge Pants These are becoming more and more popular, thanks to bigger named brands adding them to their collections. These ones are Calvin Klien, although thinking about it if you have a particularly brother-y brother, black might be a better colour choice than grey.. Nothing makes you heave more than seeing wee-dribble on the crotch of £50 of your hard earned cash.
  4. Nando's trio It's every males favourite 'cheeky' meal, so why not give him the option of having his fave peri style chicken at home? Boots have got a good selection of food related gifts on their website currently, be sure to give them a look!
Dad


  1. BBQ tools My dad is king of the barbie. I bought him these for his birthday and he has not stopped raving about them. This kit has everything you need as well as little extras like flavour pots and corn skewers. 
  2. Woven Lounge Pants even though this are listed as lounge pants, they are definitely more pyjama material. Which I think are more suitable for a dad. Can't have your pappa busting out better tracksuits than your boyf can you!! 
  3. Whisky selection another cute little Boots find! Whayhey - I think this is my third aswell .. total coincidence, but another sign of my amazingness. Teehee. 
  4. Nathaniel Rateliff If your dad loves Mumford and Sons, Elvis or Johnny Cash. He will go mental for this new group. Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats are an American band that are just starting to get a name for themselves over here. S.O.B is definitely a track worth listening too! 
  5. Ted Baker pen If your have an officey father, then a nice new pen (something other than a shitty half shattered biro) is usually a welcomed gift. This one is from ASOS and comes in a nice presentation box which looks really smart if you were looking for a good stocking filler. 
Boyfriend





  1. Ralph Lauren Jumper I usually always get my boyfriend one of these for his birthday or Christmas. The wool is so soft and even though they are quite a thin material, they hold their shape really well. 
  2. Paco Rabanne The signature scent for my boyf and probably quite a few others. BUT if you like something, why bother changing it. Nothing worse than a man smelling too overpowering. One Million is strong but not nose rapey headache inducingly so. 
  3. Sweet Hamper My boyfriend prefers sweets over chocolate definitely and this amazing retro hamper from Amazon (they do amazing drink and grocery items on there that'd I'd never even thought to look for!!) will definitely fill him with nostalgic happiness and he gets to stuff himself with all his old favourites. 
  4. Timberlands These old school faves are making a comeback. The black ones are my ultimate lush over boot. Size 4 for me plz. 
  5. Star Wars Complete Saga Boys and mens of all ages are rejoicing about the latest edition to the Star Wars franchise hitting the big screen next month. Let them release their inner jedi as they binge watch all (however many - not a huge fan of star wars soz!) episodes back to back.. with their retro sweet hamper. HEY HEY U DA BEST GF. 
So there we have my list of good (hopefully!) suggestions for if you are completely stumped on presents. Have you got any good ideas that I have missed?


No comments:

Post a Comment